Just Friends by Billy Taylor book review



Book: Just Friends
Author: Billy Taylor
Genre: Young-adult, romance 
Pages: 302


If I am real honest, I had never done a book review. Yes, it's my very first time if we can call it review..Well like they say there's always a first time for everything, so let's give it a try.   

One day I was in the mood of a romantic/cliche book, and I bump into Just Friends by Billy Taylor. The rumors where it was a similar type as Fault In Our Stars, so I gave it a shot. 

When I started to read the book, I found some grammatical errors or puntuations. I didn't knew if it was my iTunes version or what? Which made it a little uncomftable to read. 

I don't know if you guys know, but my native language is spanish & where I live we also just speak spanish. So one of my ways to practice english is through reading books, singing or listening songs, watching movies or tv shows in english. Reading books that haven't being properly checked is a turn down because that obviously affects by seeing "grammar rules" normal through the book that aren't. Not that my english is perfect, I learn constantly.

The author tried to write from a girls perspective, August's which I dindn't feel it was according her age. It felt from High School instead of College. It made it a fairy tale, to childish. They where having experiences that came to easy for them, no sacrifices to "success" or achieving goals. 

Practically August & Ethan where boyfriends, they acted like a couple without some benefits but it's the typical best friends you'll say "You guys are dating?"or "You'll both get married". In general, it's a nice storyline of how the love growed from friends to something more. 

While reading the book, I felt a rush in the story to end with the lack of graphic scenarios by getting deeper into situations. (Spoiler)  We all know how it's going to end, the typical love story. What you will enjoy is the way it ends. I won't lie I really wanted them to end together and at the same time not. Maybe I had a hope of a twisted ending, something unpredictable even though that would had broke my heart too and probably hate the book because it lacks a lot of emotions and stories that could had being add up to make it a great book.

During all the book ride I can say that it's a read you'll enjoy if you want to distract yourself and read some clichĆ© story. It's really short, it would be a quick read. I know the ending you'll like it. We can all relate with it the typical best friend girl likes best friend boy. Personally, it's not a book that i'll read again but it was a cute story. 


Stars: 2.8/5 šŸŒŸ


I love you...I've love you from the moment I first laid eyes on you, and I will do until my dying day. I will always, always, always...love you. So badly, it hurts. 

Let me know in the comments below your opinions if you like it or not, are you thinking on reading it? I want to hear your thoughts. 

CONVERSATION

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment

Follow us

Instagram

Follow Us